My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, click
http://www.noisiestpassenger.com
and update your bookmarks.

Amanda's MsAdventures

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Driving from Maryland to New Jersey last weekend, I noticed at least three billboards for the prescription sleep medicine Rozerem. Each ad features an interaction between a groundhog and an Abraham Lincoln impersonator. Does that seem as non sequitur to you as it did to me?

The only text on the billboards is www.theymissyou.com. Abraham Lincoln and a groundhog miss me? I couldn't figure out what was being advertised. Paul said he was pretty sure it was a new prescription for insomnia.

What a weird campaign. When I initially tried to make sense of it, I concluded that what Lincoln and the groundhog have in common is February. I now know that Lincoln was an insomniac. And yeah, groundhogs hibernate in the winter.

But still. Strange campaign, huh? Strange and curious enough to suck in possible consumers and advertisers like myself.

Ask your doctor if Rozerem is right for you.

Side effects may include - get this - drowsiness.

Labels:


Daily Thoughts & fun cool stuff
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine