My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, click
http://www.noisiestpassenger.com
and update your bookmarks.

Amanda's MsAdventures

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Walk The Line with Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon as Johnny Cash and June Carter-Cash, respectively, does just that. It's extremely formulaic. In fact, in you saw Ray last year, you kind of already saw Walk The Line. Childhood traumas from humble beginnings, dramatic scenes of drug use, followed by jonesing, followed by painful soberings up, music of the legend performed by the actor-trying-to-become-a-new-legend (which Hollywood is all about - I mean, Meg Ryan is a kind of legend, if you think about it), the bad actors who play other famous musicians, it's all too much and really all too little. Everything was glossy and one-dimensional.

I did enjoy Witherspoon and Phoenix singing together, and especially loved Witherspoon going solo. I also loved some of her wardrobe. And...I really loved the Milk Duds. Those were great. In fact, you might want to buy Milk Duds, listen to Johnny Cash on your own, and wait for the movie to come out at video stores.

(You are totally free to disagree. After all, I'm the only heartless American to not weep and applaud after watching the schmaltzy piece of crap that is Ray...and I swear I even like Charles's music. I DON'T THINK JAMIE FOXX IS A GENIUS,THOUGH. YEAH, I SAID IT).


Daily Thoughts & fun cool stuff
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine