
It's my 100th entry.
Today I liberated myself of piles and piles of papers and threw out a whole lot of work my students did. Less grading for me, more work that kept them occupied, so what if a few trees were sacrificed in the process? I called the mother of one of the most vulgar and lazy students ever, and she replied, "Yeah, he doesn't listen to me, either." What?! When a mother hears that her son was vulgar, she's supposed to say, "What? Tell me what he said. I'll kill him!" There should be no resignation. You brought him into this world, threaten to take him out. Do it! It's what parents should do. I'm disappointed in both of them now.
If I had ever considered behaving the way most of my students behave, I wouldn't have made it this far. I mean I wouldn't have ever moved to New York, I wouldn't own anything as nice as a computer, I wouldn't have lived to the ripe old age of twenty-two. See, what would have happened is this: I'd have been forced by my parents to do yard work for the rest of my life, which I hate so much, that I'd have killed myself. Yep. Weeding + raking - the Internet = Amanda's breaking point. Pushing up daisies after weeding around them.
Throwing away the piles of paper really was my biggest accomplishment today. Otherwise, I ate too much and walked around a bit. I slept late. I also began my new job hunting pursuit. I'm tired and ready to curl up with Augusten Burroughs now. Goodnight.


<< Home