My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, click
http://www.noisiestpassenger.com
and update your bookmarks.

Amanda's MsAdventures

Saturday, September 24, 2005

I yearn to be an amazing bargain hunter, so I'm proud when I find inexpensive, wonderful clothing and accessories. Time to brag:


Today I went to my first NYC street fair here on the Upper West Side. It was great - I definitely have more to say later. There was a vendor with lots and lots of inexpensive jewelry. Most people were buying trendy shell earrings and wooden bracelets. I opted for a pair of dangly topaz and brown stone earrings. I didn't try them on at the tent, so I wasn't sure how they'd look on me, but I've concluded that I love them. I don't wear a lot of bronzy jewelry, so they're very different. I wouldn't necessarily say the topaz is real, but the stones are. How much do you think I paid for these? I've seen earrings like this at various stores and jewelry stands, usually for $10-$20. I got mine for $2.

The earrings look great with another great bargain - a pair of brown Italian leather boots. They zip up to the top of my shins. They have stitching details that are kind of Western looking, so I have a nice alternative to this season's cowboy boots. Ugh! That last sentence was so superficial I rolled my eyes at myself. I will be wearing these boots for a long time, despite whatever might be in seasons to come. NYC has not and will not make me a dogged fashionista. I don't care that much about following trends, but yes, I do like the stitching that suggests...never mind.


Daily Thoughts & fun cool stuff
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine