My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, click
http://www.noisiestpassenger.com
and update your bookmarks.

Amanda's MsAdventures

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

It's too bad that I never took a picture of my classroom before and after I set it up. I'm sure everyone would have loved all the old-school gang graffiti, N.W.A. stickers, etc. I worked really hard to have something nice to contrast with the neighborhood the school is in, as well as the general atmosphere of the school. I have since given up.

After almost my entire box of pens to borrow and return was permanently "borrowed," I took the pens away. Same with the stapler that is now broken. I believe my new mini-stapler was taken and replaced with a barely functional one in the same color and model. (Don't say, "At least it was replaced." I don't want to hear it). Anyhow, the crappy stapler was put away also. So then someone stabbed some signs on my door - signs I made myself and had laminated for their protection. Those are locked up, along with some beautiful artwork by Sam, all the major signs and posters I bought or made for my classroom, and any other items I don't want stolen and/or destroyed.

I don't know or care if this means I'm letting bad students win. I merely want to protect my property from some of the senselessly violent and disrespectful scum I teach. I think I will slowly work towards having everything taken down, so I could always pack quickly for the fastest getaway possible. And there will be one. Sometimes it starts to feel like a matter of hours.


Daily Thoughts & fun cool stuff
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine