
I found two other great deals yesterday. Okay, actually three.
1) I bought a $5 Gap slim denim skirt. It's the pencil skirt of denim skirts, except it does have a zipper albeit the non-bulky kind. I hate when zippers make me look like I have a phallus. It's dark denim, so very versatile. It will be part of the outfit I wear when I meet Sam on his arrival in NYC in November. (I will possibly wear the same outfit when my parents visit in a mere two weeks - yay, loved ones)! I will describe this outfit and my intended look the way I explained it to Sam on the phone last night: I want to be the girl Simon and Garfunkel would sing songs about. You know, the kind that "slows down [she's] moving too fast" that walks with "juniper and lamplight" and somehow has feelings about "parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme."
2) I also bought a cheap pair of very stylish and well-made Cole Haan flats. They'll look fetching with just about anything. They're also not as uncomfortable as you might expect them to be. I love the toe cleavage. That's such a weird thing to type, but I really think it's adorable to see the creases between my toes. Shoe fetishists, rejoice!
3) Five hundred page reams of copy/printer paper at Staples for about $2 - an absolute essential if you work at I.S. 666 and have to pay for all the copies of assignments your students refuse to do. Sigh. At this point, I ask certain sloth students if they intend to do the work before I give it to them. I have to save paper where I can, and one less ball of trash on the floor can make a difference. I finally have paper, now if only the school copy machine worked...


<< Home