My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, click
http://www.noisiestpassenger.com
and update your bookmarks.

Amanda's MsAdventures

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

It's been awhile since I posted iPhone pictures of my week in review. Frankly, things haven't been that exciting. Surely not as exciting as the election or the economic situation. Did I say "exciting"? Maybe I meant "terrifying".

Today, Life Coach told me the world was ending and to stock up on canned goods, water, and chocolate bars. I imagined he meant that I could barter the chocolate bars when society totally collapsed and people started eating pigeons and the unscooped dog poop in Central Park. (I just saw Blindness, so I already had a good visual going). Life Coach explained that candy bars are full of calories, so I could live off them once I polish off the 75 cans of tomato sauce and four bags of oatmeal in my kitchen. I imagined myself eventually looting the bodega across the street for junk food knock-offs. Ever notice that brand name foods have fun names, like Twix, while the generic version is descriptive? If you like Turtles, you'll love Brown Sticky Nut Clusters.

I digress. In September, I was sick more often than well. Summer became fall in one abrupt tantrum. I took some pictures that I meant to put up here. They can be found below.

At any given time, my bed had all this stuff on it. I universally recommend the stuffed bulldog from Ikea. The book I was reading - not so much.

This was my dying paddle plant before I trimmed the wilted leaves in the name of rehabilitation. It didn't work. The plant now looks like a completely different species or maybe just the "before" picture in an ad for Miracle-Gro. I'm returning it later this week and trying to act as innocent as possible.

I finally read A Wrinkle in Time! My fourth-grade student Jeffrey is really into it and sounds more and more like Stephen Hawking when he talks about it. I have a hard time keeping Mrs. Whatsit, Who, and Which straight.

The photo isn't about vanity - I've actually started a book blog that I may tell you about later. It needs more work first.

I saw this shirt at one of those teen clothing stores at which I will shop until I'm 35. It's poorly made, but I love the idea. It looks exactly like something I would have worn when I was 9...or 25.

I work on Wall Street. In recent days, there have been protests, people running around in costumes, reporters from every place you can imagine, and Joe Cocker sing-alongs. Cops are now carrying guns and looking stern, instead of antagonizing their dogs and explaining that the J train doesn't go to New Jersey.

Labels: ,


Daily Thoughts & fun cool stuff
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine