My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, click
http://www.noisiestpassenger.com
and update your bookmarks.

Amanda's MsAdventures

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The bras hanging from the ceiling vibrated to the heartbeat of bass and the staccato cracks of the bartender's bullhorn. "Redneck Woman" blared from the speaker where I sat, drinking a rum and coke and watching the bachelorette party girls shimmy.

I was thinking I was probably the only person there who has ever really identified with Jeff Foxworthy's schtick. I mean, I do have an uncle with a pet raccoon. At one time, I was related (by marriage) to a grown man everyone called Rascal.

TBID was very uncomfortable. He pronounces "Barry" and "berry" differently, poor thing. There were no tables or chairs - just a dirty, crowded floor and splintery walls. He stood by like an outsider, ears nearly bleeding from the nasal twang. By the time "Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy)" came on and the wannabe hicks tried to fake a Cotton-Eye Joe, TBID had reached his limit.

"How about 'Save a Metrocard (Ride a New York Jew)'?" he suggested.

It made me laugh. I said, "Alright. We can go."

We went somewhere with couches and chichi cocktails and a chocolate chip cookie cake. But I still couldn't get that song out of my head.

Labels: ,


Daily Thoughts & fun cool stuff
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine