What I Want To Say...
To You:
You exert no effort to be involved in her schooling all year, and then you suddenly act surprised that she has a "promotion in doubt" letter? Hello! You have a beautiful and clever little space cadet there, and she is not going to be all she can, if you don't get involved. I am NOT enough.
And To You:
Sadly, I realize that little dishonest bit of his - the one that's made you very upset and humiliated - is something I so would have done a few years ago. In fact, I did do it. A few times. And not to spare anyone's feelings - to prolong interest. Yuck.
YOU!
I don't completely agree with your recent praise, as I am no J.K. Rowling, but it does make me feel good. For the longest time, I felt you didn't approve of what I'm doing with my life. You probably think - or have thought - that I don't finish things, that I'm too dreamy. "Whatever happened to law school? To medical school? To that graduate program?" I'm figuring things out right now, and lately, that feels promising.
And You:
I'm still trying to get comfortable after days of wanting to beat myself up for loving you.
Believe it or not, You:
Your birthday's Saturday. I sent a card. It's not a secret that I wish you'd send a card, a note, something back and let me know how you are. I used to think time stopped when I left a place, and in Odem that kind of happened. It's that stagnant there. I know the place we lived together is different. It's probably barely recognizable now. It would never feel the same as it used to feel to me then anyway. I really, sincerely hope you're well. (I think you're reading this. Am I right?)
Let's not forget You:
Just wondering why I'm no longer a favorite of yours... I have an ego, and it kind of smarts that I'm not listed as a favorite anymore. Is it because I never commented? That I seem mean? That you just got over me? I'm just curious, because I had been really flattered. Oh, well.
And lastly YOU:
I thought you were really nice and fun today. I could see us hanging out as friends. I am so not hitting on you. Seriously. If I ever see you again, I'll be embarrassed about this, but I don't care. I'm awkward. You seemed cool. I'd be open to hanging out sometime.
Labels: Thinking


<< Home