Overstuffed Armchair Weekend
The long weekend with MLK day was much needed and fondly remembered. I've been meaning to put these pictures up, but have winced at the idea of trying to remember everything in the correct order. I wish I could say this about all weekends.
Cade and I started the weekend in Chelsea. We had dinner at Rocking Horse, a hip restaurant with "modern Mexican" cuisine. I had an amazing drink - a blend of triple sec, Absolut grapefruit, and plum puree. The name eludes me. I have no memory for this sort of thing, but the drink was stupendous.
Cade and I met this English bulldog, Beulah, on the way to Ben & Jerry's afterward. The owner was so nice, but Beulah was more stand-offish. She may have just been put off by my short skirt. (She's more accustomed to the feminine menfolk).
After satisfying my caramel sundae craving, I sought to educate The Boyfriend of my Southern background at Trailer Park Lounge. I knew every song the place played, because, hello, I've gone to plenty of family barbeques. I was disturbed by the pregnant mannequin posed above the bar, drinking a beer and smoking a cigarette. Why is it that the group labeled "white trash" is still okay to vilify? They (we?) don't all go about the way Britney Spears does.
I drank a scary blue margarita concoction, despite my fear of blue colored beverages. It came with a nifty garter-like grass skirt. I wore it the rest of the night around my ankle, slurring non-stop about stereotypes and the media. These are my feet on the subway:
At some point, Cade convinced me to have dinner with him at Vnyl [sic]. It's another one of those trendy eateries. Cade loves the variety. I think the restaurant is a jack of all trades, a master of huh?
On MLK day, we went to The Metropolitan Museum of Art. I'd never been, because I missed that field trip. Cool people like Cade and me get in free, so we walked around a bit. We enjoyed the Famous Sculptures We May Have Seen Before In Books. The intricacy of the art is amazing. I had fun pretending to be Claudia Kincaid in From The Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler.


<< Home