
Q: Why didn't you get your hair cut?
A: Actually, I did. It's pretty subtle to me and some of my closest companions. To others, it's a shocking follicular development or lack thereof. It's a razor bob. It was done entirely by razor, instead of scissors, which I think it pretty darn impressive. It was my first do as a hair model.
Q: What are you wearing?! It looks like a maternity top!
A: It's a tunic/dress, Mama. It's a fashion trend. I like it.
Q: Whatever happened with the radio gig?
A: That's a long overdue entry. It was "interesting," which is my catch-all word for anything that was somewhat uncomfortable. Don't think it was unpleasant, though. It wasn't. I just couldn't turn off all the critical voices in my head, including the one that kept telling me, "My God! Your voice is so nasal!" I heard the podcast of the show last night, and I don't think I sounded too bad.
I did notice, however, that I seem to speak very slowly. Is this something I've affected, was I merely being careful with my words, or do I have Southern speech pacing? I don't know, but now I'm hyper-conscious of it.
I'm still debating whether or not I should put the podcast on the blog, but if you are dying to judge my speech, you can email me for the link.
Q: Did Cade ever take you to Smith & Wollensky?
A: Yep. (For those who may not remember, it was part of a bet to see how many blog hits I could get by January 1). Always eager to kill two birds with one stone, we went last night on Valentine's Day. It was delicious and expensive and long awaited. I'm just lucky he didn't put it off until March to celebrate V-Day, the bet, and our one-year anniversary. Cade's cunning like that.
Q: Any new writing developments?
A: I was offered a column in an online publication that caters to NYC college students. Supposedly, I'd have a lot of readers (which I doubt) and could link my blog to the column. Definitely, I wouldn't get paid for it. I've decided to seek other opportunities.
Q: How do you feel about nougat?
A: Why thank you for asking! I consider it wannabe marshmallow. It's pathetic.
Labels: Thinking


<< Home