My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, click
http://www.noisiestpassenger.com
and update your bookmarks.

Amanda's MsAdventures

Friday, February 09, 2007


1) Anna Nicole Smith died, and I'm embarrassed to say I was in my classroom after school with a co-worker when I found out. "Ohmigod! Anna Nicole Smith is dead!" I exclaimed. I never was a fan of the trainwreck, but wow, I can't stop sympathizing.

The kids had newspapers during independent reading time in class today, and I wrote some vocabulary words from the Anna Nicole Smith article on the board. I taught my students the words "flamboyant," "statuesque," "autopsy," and "turbulent."

I opted not to explain "buxom."

2) On my way to the radio station downtown last night, I saw Tim Gunn of Project Runway advisor fame! He was on the 1 train and got off at 14th Street. Gunn is taller than I'd realized and the epitome of dapper. He smirked and stood the whole ride, probably reciting witty French aphorisms in his head.

3) My radio debut: At one point I wore a tiara, and I said the word "farted" on air. My parents were real proud, ya'll.

Seriously, though, the people were nice and down to earth. While I didn't clam up, I was quietly observing the whole time, waiting to be pulled into conversation. Fortunately, that happened often enough. I'd do it again, and I know I'd feel more outgoing.

4) After much vacillation and procrastination, I've decided to join Cade for a weekend in Penn to the Sylvania. I want to be freezing and lazy someplace where it's cleaner, I suppose.

Happy Weekend!

Labels:


Daily Thoughts & fun cool stuff
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine