My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, click
http://www.noisiestpassenger.com
and update your bookmarks.

Amanda's MsAdventures

Wednesday, May 10, 2006


Rate-A-Concert

Artist(s): Life and Times, Mono, and Pelican

Length of performance: 4 hours

What I did: I went with Cade last night to see the Japanese instrumental band Mono at Avalon, a church-cum-venue. Cade had seen Mono previously and is a big fan. We met on the Upper West Side, took the subway to Avalon, and had dinner at Cosi before getting in line. Cade repeatedly warned me that the music would be loud, but he didn't say my ears would nearly bleed. The little hairs that move and allow me to hear sound have permanent waves now. I'm on the verge of needing some weave to replace them.

High point: Cade was happy I went. Mushy, I know. Also, I got to wear my cute, tweedy shrug.

Low point: Standing room only. My feet and lower back hurt. My fingers and ears were sore from the former being poked into the latter. And as Cade and I joined the line outside Avalon before the show, I was laughing at his original plan of wearing workclothes to the concert. Pretending to be a random concert-goer, I quipped, "Ummm, are you somebody's dad?" The guy right in front of me in line turned around. He was a dad. An older dad. With his son. Oh, the embarrassment.

Overall impression
: All of the songs by Life and Times sounded the same. Mono can really rock out. It helps that all the Japanese bandmembers have amazing, Pantene commercial hair and it's flowing back and forth as they play. Mesmerizing. Pelican is way too loud and attracts loud people. Walking into Avalon felt like walking into a junior high dance in the school gymnasium, minus the bleachers. I yearned for bleachers.

Reason I went to the concert: Cade.

I learned: Yep, I still prefer songs with words.


Daily Thoughts & fun cool stuff
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine