It was the perfect time for some new hope. Last week, I felt pessimistic and aimless. The school year is not ending soon enough, but I haven't quite figured out what next year holds. Ultimately, I want to go back to school. But when? Could I get into the program I want to be in? Doubt looms in every corner. I want to go back to school, but I need to support myself and my pursuit of higher education by working a full-time job. I've just been feeling that all sorts of barriers impede my progress. For the first time, these aren't all mental barriers, either. I'd rather comfort myself with the idea that I'm psyching myself out, but honestly, not all jobs or graduate programs want me right now. Naivete is cute and all, but experience shouts when ambition whispers.
So my trip to New Hope was relaxing and far too short. I finally got to meet the friends Cade is constantly text-messaging, guys that know all the embarrassing stuff to tell me, but don't (or at least, try to abstain from telling me). I met Alex, who reads my blog and makes comments about gentrification.
HI, ALEX!
I also met Paul, a creepy guy named Anton, and other New Hopers. Cade and I rode the Ivyland Railroad and forgot to act out scenes from Strangers on a Train. We sat by the Delaware River, listening to the surge of historic waters and making fart noises with our mouths. Oh yes, and New Hope is clean and beautiful and calming.

I proved I was indeed special when I walked on water...and later turned the water into wine at Paul's graduation party, thus spilling the bowl of Chex Mix all over the floor and winning Ziggy's heart forever.


<< Home