My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, click
http://www.noisiestpassenger.com
and update your bookmarks.

Amanda's MsAdventures

Monday, December 19, 2005

The best feeling in the world is not love.

Sure, that's one of the best feelings, but nothing feels as good as the first sense of your own repair/growth. Think of the first time you can think about a person who hurt you and you feel nothing. That person's name becomes a mere name, instead of a symbol of all your regret, loss, and anger.

There have been times when an indelible voice became a distant and fuzzy recollection. If I were in a crowd and he called my name, I wouldn't be stopped in my tracks. I'd probably assume he was calling another name, another Amanda.

For Amanda is no longer me, either. It's a collection of letters my parents decided I'd go by, but six letters have never been enough to hold all this life that sits here in a red sweater pounding key after key.

The heart and mind scab over and the faintest scars are left. I'm stronger. I've outgrown just a name and so has he. We have grown and grown...apart.


Daily Thoughts & fun cool stuff
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine