My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, click
http://www.noisiestpassenger.com
and update your bookmarks.

Amanda's MsAdventures

Tuesday, July 22, 2008


You Got Served (An English Lesson)




I'ma admit it - every time I hear "Let It Burn," I have to stop what I'm doing, even when I'm listening to it at work on headphones via Pandora Radio. As a wise man by the name of Lil Jon, once said, "Usher got the beat to make yo booty go [clap]."

I'm still working on that move actually, but yaknowI'msayin?

But. There is almost nothing I like about "Love In This Club." It sounds like that "Bed" song that twelve-year-old Jing has on her cellphone, the one that I think is inappropriate for her age. The one that sounds so dissonant that I know I'm getting old.

Usher, you're not who you used to be. You're married now and a father, too. Though it's been "fifty-leven days" and "umpteen hours" since I sorta thought you were cool, I have to give you props for one thing:

You said "THIS" club, not "THE" or "DA" club.

At last! Someone in hip pop who realizes there's more than one place to get your freak on where urrbody get tipsy. There are many clubs, and Usher, you want to make love in one in particular.

I hope this sets a precedent. You go, boy.

Labels:


Daily Thoughts & fun cool stuff
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine