For a number of reasons, I haven't done laundry - rather, had laundry done - in over a month. Also, I donated most of my summer wardrobe staples before moving in an effort to cut down on crap to carry up three new flights of stairs. Yesterday I had to make a choice: I could either take my laundry to the new cleaner across the street, or I could buy new clothes with short sleeves and breathable fabric.
I decided to just buy new clothes.
Yep, Mama, you raised that kind of daughter. I also once washed my dishes in the shower. Yes, while I was showering. Uh huh, I was naked and washing the cereal bowls at the same time. That is the image you should have.
Today I wore a new shirt, because it's really hot outside and nothing else weather-appropriate was clean, well, besides the other new shirts I just bought. The jeans I wore are definitely not clean, but denim isn't supposed to be washed often. I wear my bottoms until they're as saggy as diapers. Then I ask the cleaners to wash them in cold water about thirty times before I leave the laundromat. Following that, I light a candle at a Catholic church.
Here's today's outfit. It's equally parts farmer girl/second grade teacher. That, my friends, is a winning combination if I ever knew one:
I know I look stumpy in this iPhone picture. I blame the mirror, the camera, and the fact that my mom's 4'10". (I'm 5'6" in real non-stumpy life).I love these red shoes. I bought them for $10. It is extremely difficult to be in a bad mood if you are wearing red shoes. Unless you are wearing them and you look stumpy. That makes things easier.
My hair is actually as short as it looks. I got it cut today. It feels five pounds lighter and three Fritos bags greasier. Washing my clothes is hard enough. I can't imagine keeping this much gunk in my hair on a daily basis..jpg)
Labels: Wardrobe


<< Home