My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, click
http://www.noisiestpassenger.com
and update your bookmarks.

Amanda's MsAdventures

Saturday, March 15, 2008

I'm helping Borun revise an imagist poem for his seventh grade poetry project. Together, we ponder how to show and not tell.

Me: So what's going on here?

Borun: I'm a bird flying in the jungle.

Me: Okay, so this is looking better. But can you think of another way of writing that you flew in the direction of the sun? Another thing to call the sun or a way to describe it?

Borun: Uh...

Me: Like in "All Summer in a Day," Ray Bradbury says it's a coin and a lemon.

Borun: Hmmm... What about "the golden ball of gas"?

Me: I dunno. Sounds like a fart.

Borun eventually decides on "the golden orb."

Labels: ,


Daily Thoughts & fun cool stuff
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine