My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, click
http://www.noisiestpassenger.com
and update your bookmarks.

Amanda's MsAdventures

Sunday, April 29, 2007


Cade and I were at White Horse Tavern in The Village on Friday night to celebrate my friend Julia's birthday. On his way to the bar, Cade spotted Malcolm Gladwell, who Cade only knows as "that guy who was on iTunes talking about chunky pasta sauce." I quickly walked over and stared at him, trying to match the picture on the back of Blink with the skinny afro'd guy at the nearest table.

It was definitely him. I'm not the best with faces, names, or numbers, but even I could see that it was Malcolm Gladwell. I scurried to find Julia. She's even read The Tipping Point, and I knew she'd embarrass herself with me.

We tried to think of an attention-getting strategy. I suggested, "Hi. Are you Malcolm Gladwell?" Cade thought it was lame and obvious. Amy suggested standing near the writer's table and saying, "I hate that book Blink. Have you read it?" Then Cade and Julia started talking, and Julia was nodding.

We walked up to him, Julia drunkenly leading the expedition. Cade stayed at the bar. The following is a transcript of the conversation:
Julia: [to Gladwell and friends] Hi. Excuse me. I just wanted to let you know that there are a few people here who also like chunky pasta sauce, and one of them is behind me.

Gladwell looks behind Julia. Cade gives Gladwell a sly look from the bar.

Gladwell: Uhh, great.

Me: And we like Blink!

Gladwell: Thanks.

Julia: We want to know if you'd like to be involved in a picture.

Gladwell: What do you mean "involved"?

Julia: You being in a picture with us.

Gladwell: I'll pass.
The whole interaction was hysterical. I hope Julia remembers it tomorrow when I give her some chunky Ragu as a belated birthday present.

Labels: ,


Daily Thoughts & fun cool stuff
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine