My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, click
http://www.noisiestpassenger.com
and update your bookmarks.

Amanda's MsAdventures

Thursday, January 18, 2007



I went to a reading on Monday night by the super-smart and charming Norah Vincent, author of Self-Made Man. After she read the chapter where she essentially "comes out" as a woman to her buddy on the bowling league, she took questions and comments.

One crunchy, corduroy-wearing, Robert Bly-reading guy said that he belongs to a men's group and proceeded to criticize her trickery in a Bob Saget sitcom dad kind of way. Another guy who didn't know English very well, and may or not have been hanging out at Barnes & Noble just to stay warm, compared her research to "how, you know, Eddie Murphy dresses up like white people for the inside look, you know?"

Ummm...I know?

At any rate, it was a lot of fun. Read the book - I'm tellin' ya again.

Labels:


Daily Thoughts & fun cool stuff
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine