As I hinted earlier, the long weekend in D.C. was not that great. 1) It was freezing, rendering some of the cuter clothes I packed useless. 2) It was monotonous, as the people I hung out with were pretty much just watching movies or eating. Or watching movies and eating. 3) My back still has 47.2 kinks from sleeping on an air mattress and freezing each night.
On Tuesday, I was exhausted, but sartorially ambitious. I wanted to finally wear some bright blue tights I bought over Christmas break and start breaking in a skirt I bought Monday morning. This is what I decided to don:
Now that my hair is darker, I think I can wear yellow without looking malarial. Correct me nicely, if I'm wrong. And if indeed I am then I'll probably still wear this sweater. It's got adorable owls on it, which perfectly match my Smurfy tights! What color blue are these, anyway? Teal?
I looked over a year for the perfect denim pencil skirt and finally found it at Zara in D.C. Just as "every cloud has a silver lining," I suppose every bad holiday has its treasures. Mine is a size small.
On the front of the sweater, the owls are wide awake. This is the nocturnal side of the sweater, boys and girls. Notice the star and heart buttons. They're merely decorative, but such a cute touch. The silver and sea glass earrings were designed by my high school art teacher. Hi, Mrs. Gafford!
On the back of the sweater, the owls are dozing. It must be daytime. I'm looking forward to wearing this ensemble without a coat to see how observant my co-workers are. (It somehow took half a day for a guy I share an office with to notice the tights, and he and I are both editors. Nice eye for details, dude).
Labels: Wardrobe


<< Home