My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, click
http://www.noisiestpassenger.com
and update your bookmarks.

Amanda's MsAdventures

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Nothing gets the ovaries aquiver like infant Halloween costumes. I
haven't seen too many costumes today - just a Dr. Seuss-like woman on
the subway and some teenagers wearing underwear over fluorescent
leggings. I wasn't sure if the former were dressed up or not. But
babies, with their big heads and agile limbs, don't get to choose what
they wear. If you have a child or know someone who has a child, please
encourage them to go all out. Don't dress your kid as another pumpkin.
Please.

This is reason enough to endure the ceaseless strife that is parenting:


Or this one. I saw it in the back of a magazine
at the dentist's office years ago. I tore out the page and showed it to
the person I was dating, who quickly changed the subject:


I saw this for the first time today. It's my new
favorite. I love the colors and shape. And maybe I also want to kidnap
the baby modeling it. That might be part of it:


But baby costumes, particularly bunting costumes for flimsy infants, can go horribly awry. Exhibit A:


This child already resents his/her parents:


Who dresses their kid up as a reality show competition contestant? Apparently, not many people. This was on clearance:


This bothers me for a few reasons, one being that the kind of parents who'd dress their kid as The Hulk might also paint his/her face green to make the costume more realistic and then provoke the kid into a rage for pictures:

Labels:


Daily Thoughts & fun cool stuff
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine