My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, click
http://www.noisiestpassenger.com
and update your bookmarks.

Amanda's MsAdventures

Monday, July 30, 2007

*I meant to post this Friday. It's still pretty accurate, but my wrist feels much better.



HORNS UP:

*Having Molly, a super-sweet stylist from Houston, for my hair appointment on Wednesday. As soon as she walked up to my chair, I told her about my last salon visit when the stylist told me I have a nightmare back hairline, and I was really offended. Had I felt better, I would have complained or insulted some feature of hers. Molly laughed and told me my hairline has a pointy cowlick on one side, but so do lots of hairlines out there. "Lots of 'em." she said. "It's not a big deal."

I'll be honest - I kind of wish my hairline was an overachiever, excelling in chess or scoring a perfect SAT verbal, like Mama. But oh well, pointily average works for me. At least she's healthy.

*Congrats to the mentor who was mentioned in Brooklyn's largest daily paper earlier this week. Congrats to me, too, for paragraphs were taken verbatim from the press release I wrote for her earlier this summer. I'm not credited, but I know what I wrote and I'll point it out to whoever asks (and possibly some who don't).

*Keeping in touch with friends. I hung around with Elizabeth and doggers Thursday, Julia yesterday, and have talked to Renee about matters personal and occupational over the phone. Most people who worked with me at the progressive school last year have quit. S to the olidarity, man.

*Going to the Good Morning America Sugarland concert Friday morning. The band was peppy, the music catchy, and the crowd considerate. What a great way to start the day.



HORNS DOWN:

*I have carpal tunnel syndrome or some wrist injury. Being a hypochondriac, I should have self-diagnosed wrist cancer or multiple carpal schlerosis by now. Instead, I keep forgetting it hurts until I bend the right wrist and ow, owie, eeh!

*I locked myself out of my building the other day. I had to wait for Cade to get off work, go back to his place to get my keys, and then let me in, so I would go with him to the post office to pick up his energy bars shipped to my P.O. box. I had to walk to a McDonald's to use the bathroom and then hung out in Central Park for a while. I saw Large Neighbor there. We sat in the shade, swatting flies and staring at our stoop from afar.

*Insomnia isn't ever fun. It's even less fun when there is nothing compelling on television. I can only watch Kathy Griffin get a chilly reception at an Irish nightclub so many times.

*I think the book I bought - which is something I seldom do - might be disappointing. I'll know once I read the entire thing, but yeah, I'm thinking I should have waited to check it out from the library.

Labels:


Daily Thoughts & fun cool stuff
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine