Me: I was waiting for you near the subway entrance, and I saw that lady that always hangs out over there and asks, "Can you help me get something to eat?" all up in your face. She was standing there and asking people for money. Then this guy in a leisure suit - brown pants and jacket and a turquoise shirt - exited the station. She asked him, and he just smiled and shrugged. He started to laugh and then the lady started to laugh, but kept asking, "Can you help me get something to eat?! Can you?! Help me?!" She was just hysterical. Then I started to laugh. It was like we'd all just realized how absurd life is. Him: Hmm.
Me: And I thought, "I love this neighborhood."
Him: I had that feeling once when I was walking down Broadway and all of a sudden someone dropped a water balloon from like, ten stories up. It fell and got so many people wet. Not me, but all these other people on the sidewalk. It was crazy. All of a sudden this woman that was walking with her little boy looked up and yelled at the sky, "Fuck you!!! I hope your fuckin' mother fuckin' dies!!!"
Labels: Conserved Conversations


<< Home