My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, click
http://www.noisiestpassenger.com
and update your bookmarks.

Amanda's MsAdventures

Monday, May 29, 2006

Today I found out that Jody Herro passed away on May 25th. Jody was the husband of Jan, one of my mom's cancer patients. Together, Jan and Jody ran Jan & Jody's Treasures, an antique shop in Corpus Christi, Texas.

Jody was by Jan's side throughout her illness. He shaved his head in solidarity after her chemotherapy. He stayed with Jan in the hospital. He was encouraging and hopeful during times of remission and sickness. He loved Jan and tried his best to continue after she was gone.

Jody became a family friend along the way. I didn't know him as well as my mom or sister did, but I can confidently say he was generous and warm and kooky in a good way. He forced me to pick out a vintage hat and coat, beautiful pieces he could have sold for a good amount of money, as graduation gifts. He hardly knew me except in stories my mom told, but he did his part to recognize my achievement and to send me off to New York looking good. He also told me a story about partying with Kinky Friedman in the libertine Austin of the '70's. He had so many stories.

Jody, you were loved and appreciated and will be missed.

*Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of Jody to put here, but I do have a picture of the hat and coat he gave me.


Daily Thoughts & fun cool stuff
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine