My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, click
http://www.noisiestpassenger.com
and update your bookmarks.

Amanda's MsAdventures

Monday, October 31, 2005

Bobby and I didn't go to Saturday Night Rewritten downtown tonight. Instead, we went to the mother of all street festivals at Times Square - 10 blocks of vendors selling clothes, jewelry, candles, food, home furnishings, music, etc. I ran into Kenneth Bailey, a former student of mine who is a real pain in the ass. He ducked behind a shelf of scarves when he recognized me. No hello, Kenneth Bailey? Why not, Kenneth Bailey? I saw you, Kenneth Bailey. Beware, Kenneth Bailey.

Bobby was really patient as I examined every $2 jewelry tent at the festival. I ended up buying two pairs of earrings. Before making it to the festival, I also bought a steal of a purse (probably a literal steal) for $5 from some guys on a sidewalk. The purse feels more grown-up than any of my other ones. And all for fi' dolla!

I've designated Bobby the big brother I never had. It's really funny when he points out things at a store for me that I don't necessarily dig. It reminds me of any other shopping trip with an older family member, say...my mom. Bobby refused to let me even entertain the idea of buying the plastic pink, white, and blue belt to wear with tunics, because, "No! Just no!" It was just like the time we went to that other street fair and I fell in love with what I still consider the most rocking pair of blue wedges on the face of this planet. When the vendor didn't have my size, Bobby was unsympathetic, maybe even relieved, and dragged me through the maze of remaining booths.

We also went to H&M, Old Navy, and some shoe stores before finally settling for the train ride to our separate apartments. I got some milk and cereal for dinner (oh, the glamour!) and headed home. Now it's almost 10 pm and I'm delirious with fatigue. I may collapse if I write one more worddddddddddddd.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz.

*Pictures of new purchases coming soon - Blogger is not currently letting me upload them.


Daily Thoughts & fun cool stuff
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine